Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of, and making choices toward, a healthy and fulfilling life.
So how is your wellness? Consider each of these dimensions to see how you're doing.
- Physical: The role that you take in maintaining your body for strength, vitality and energy.
- Emotional and Mental: Being aware and managing your feelings, being at peace with who you are, and having the tools you need to weather life’s ups and downs.
- Environmental reflects the impact your environment (home, school, city, planet) has on you and the impact you have on the environment.
- Financial: Your relationship with money and skills for managing resources, as well as your ability to make good consumer choices and seek out appropriate financial opportunities.
- Occupational: The work you choose to do and how it contributes to your community and fulfills you.
- Social: How you choose to define and connect with your community and the people around you.
- Intellectual: Feeling stimulated and engaged with learning and staying open to new ideas and perspectives.
- Spiritual: Your understanding of your place and purpose, how you make meaning of what happens to you, and what your mind goes to for comfort or relief.
Interested in improving your wellness?
For student resources, see:
- Campus Wellness Resources
- UHS Wolverine Wellness
- Wellness Coaching
- Health Topics for information and resources