Wellness Coaching for Alcohol and Other Drugs (formerly called BASICS-IMEP) is a free, confidential and non-judgmental program for U-M students.
Students can attend because:
- You want to explore your use and possibly make changes
- You were required to attend by U-M or courts (2 sessions are required, 2-4 weeks apart, with the same facilitator)
- The first session lasts 90 minutes and the second session lasts 60 minutes.
- Schedule only your first session online on the Wellness Coaching webpage. The second session will be scheduled during the first.
- If you've completed BASICS or IMEP before, schedule only with Marsha, Christina, Carol, Joy or Mary Jo.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email immediately, your appointment was not scheduled (be sure to check your junk/spam folders). You may schedule again or call Marsha Benz for assistance 734-647-4656.
Sessions may include:
- Reviewing what's going well in your life
- Examining alcohol and other drug consumption patterns, history and related issues
- Discussing the pros and cons of alcohol use and how these change at differing quantities
- Considering personalized feedback and comparisons with other students based on screenings
- Conducting an overall wellness balance check
- Developing patterns for improving health and overall success
If you have questions about the program or concerns about meeting your deadline, call Marsha Benz at 734-647-4656.