We offer testing for health problems, volunteer requirements, etc.
If you are ill, you don't have to guess what type of test to do. Our health care providers will determine what type of testing would be most appropriate for you and perform or order it. See Schedule an Appointment.
Our Laboratory draws blood, takes other samples and processes tests ordered by UHS clinicians. See hours and instructions for fasting tests at Laboratory.
How to get test results:
Results are typically ready in 1-2 work days, but some tests may take a week or more. You can ask when results will be ready at your visit.
You can get test results via the Patient Portal (requires an account).
Some tests can be run on the spot, and you will get your result at your visit.
Your clinician may arrange another way to give you results.
If you have not received your result, you may call 734-764-8320, press option 2 and explain that you need a test result. The call center staff will take a message so your clinician and/or nursing staff can respond. (By law, the Laboratory cannot release test results.)
These pages explain some common tests:
- Drug Testing We provide urine drug testing.
- HIV Antibody Testing: You can use either rapid or conventional testing at UHS.
- Pregnancy Testing: Wondering whether you could be pregnant? UHS offers pregnancy testing and options counseling.
- Rapid Strep Test: Suffering with a sore throat? You can get a rapid strep test at UHS, and results would be available at your visit.
- STI Assessment: Learn how you can get assessed for sexually transmitted infections.
- Urinary Tract Infections in Women