Updated for Summer 2016
How to use University Health Service (UHS):
- U-M summer program participants ages 10 and older are eligible to use UHS.
- For some services, UHS will bill eligible insurance. For other services or products (for example, medications), participants must pay at time of service.
- Program staff must accompany minors to UHS.
- Bring the participants’ insurance information, credit card authorization, medical history form, and parent/ guardian’s consent for treatment, ideally the UHS Consent to Treatment of a Minor form.
- If you’re not sure what to do, you can call the UHS Nurse Advice Line for advice about self-care or seeking care, using numbers below.
For urgent medical needs e.g. infection, high/persistent fever, pain, injury, dehydration, call whenever possible, because our nurses may be able to provide medical advice by phone that could save a trip to UHS or the emergency room:
- When UHS is open, call 734-764-8320, or you can go to UHS (wait times vary).
- When UHS is closed, call 866-204-1082 for nurse advice about self-care or seeking care.
Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri............ 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Thursday.............................. 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Sat, Sun and holidays...........Closed
Location: 207 Fletcher Street (between Washington and N. University), Ann Arbor, MI
In an emergency:
- If a participant has a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room (the U-M Health System). Wait times vary.
- Bring the participant’s insurance information, credit card authorization, medical history form, and parent/ guardian’s consent for treatment (note: the U-M Health System Emergency Department will call for consent).
- For medical concerns, see numbers above.
- For questions about insurance coverage for your participants, call Patricia Beranek, UHS Summer Program Enrollment Coordinator, at 734-764-7380.