On this page:
Why join PULSE?
- Develop leadership skills and connect with your campus community
- Access unique health, wellness and social justice trainings
- Grow and feel more comfortable engaging with peers around wellness topics
- Help create a fun, safe and healthy college atmosphere
PULSE is a UHS-sponsored student organization of trained health, wellness, and social justice advocates who are available across campus and active in residence halls and Greek houses. We promote health, wellness and social justice through individual conversations, event planning and health promotion. PULSE members help students maintain or enhance their health and wellness, and create an inclusive community.
PULSE members can act as your personal resources. We are prepared with information regarding health, wellness and social justice as well as knowledge of campus resources which we may direct you to if you have further questions. PULSE also collaborates with other campus organizations such as Body-Peace Corps, CAPS, Sexperteam and many others to provide programming that is open to all UM students. Look for PULSE members in your own residential community and around campus.
Becoming a PULSE representative requires completing an application and ongoing training throughout the school year.
Applications for Fall 2017 are now open:
PULSE is located at Wolverine Wellness and Community Relations, suite 2110 (2nd floor), UHS.
PULSE representatives are responsible for the development of the organization and ensuring that PULSE activities are consistent with the organization's mission. UHS sees PULSE as a valuable resource, and E-Board members serve as the bridge between UHS staff and the student representatives.
- President: Michael Barton
- VP of Operations: Sarah Kelly
- VP of Member Experience: Serena Saake
- VP of Marketing and Public Relations: Carolina Khouri
- VP of Halls Programming: Haley Beach
- VP of Greek Programming: Casey Lyons
- VP of Outreach and Collaborations: Kathy Chen
- Staff Advisor: Christina Gerazounis
- Membership Coordinator: Sade Richardson
- Training and Evaluation Coordinator: Eden Araya
Important links for PULSE Members