U-M students between semesters and recent alumni, among others, are eligible to purchase a Prepaid Plan for access to UHS services. This plan is not an insurance policy.
The UHS Prepaid Plan is sold to affiliated individuals or to special groups, specifically:
- U-M students (Ann Arbor campus) who have been enrolled within the past year but are not taking regular classes for the current semester
- U-M alumni (Ann Arbor campus) who have taken regular classes within the past year
- U-M students (Flint and Dearborn campuses) who are currently enrolled or have taken classes within the past year
- Certain groups that do not pay the health service fee, listed at What is the Health Service Fee for Students? > Who is NOT Covered by the Health Service Fee?
What does the Prepaid Plan pay for?
The Prepaid Plan funds clinical services at UHS and well-being services that improve campus health and wellness.
Coverage begins on date of purchase (if purchased after start date) for that coverage period. It can be purchased up to one month before each coverage period begins. The UHS Prepaid Plan is not prorated, retroactive or refundable. Coverage periods are:
- Fall: September 1 - December 31
- Winter: January 1 - April 30
- Spring/Summer: May 1 - August 31
$248 per term (Fall, Winter, Spring/Summer), subject to change.
Prepaid Plan and health insurance:
Students should have health insurance to help cover products and services not covered by the UHS Prepaid Plan. If you are currently covered by health insurance, please compare benefits to the Prepaid Plan. It may be more cost effective for you to pay for each service you receive (fee-for-service) and seek reimbursement from your insurance company. The cost of the Prepaid Plan is not reimbursed by insurance companies.
For more information and to apply:
Contact the UHS Patient Billing Office