Location: Suite 2150, second floor
Telephone: (734) 764-8349
Fax: (734) 763-1034
Hours Sept-April (closed noon -1 PM, although the waiting room is open; hours may vary during semester breaks and holidays):
Mon, Tues, Wed: 8 AM – 5 PM
Thurs: 9 AM – 5 PM
Fri: 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Sat and Sun: Closed
Physical therapists help patients to:
- Improve mobility and motion
- Regain function, strength and endurance
- Relieve pain
- Learn what to do so that healing continues after treatment
We provide state-of-the-art services including:
- Evaluation, treatment and help with self-management for:
- Musculoskeletal injuries such as strains, sprains, muscle or joint pain (e.g.. back, neck, head, shoulder, wrist, knee, foot, ankle, jaw, hand, elbow)
- Sports injuries
- After surgery
- Foot orthotics: We measure and cast for custom orthotics, plus sell over-the-counter orthotics
An order is required:
Physical Therapy is available only with a signed order (electronic or hard-copy) from a physician, physician assistant, dentist or podiatrist.
How to schedule:
After you get an order, call (734) 764-8349 to schedule your first appointment. Calling is the most efficient way, and it allows us to determine if you need to bring other documentation to complete the scheduling process.
If you choose to schedule your first visit in person, you will need to:
- Bring your order if it's from a non-U-M physician. You may wish to call your doctor's office to request this information and have them fax it to 734-763-1034
- Register in UHS main lobby if you are new to UHS
- If your order is for post-surgical physical therapy, bring a copy of the complete description of the surgery (surgical report), physical therapy protocol and any post-surgical physical therapy notes
After your first appointment, the therapist will recommend and discuss with you the number and frequency of visits, then you can schedule with the secretary.
Eligibility and fees:
Currently enrolled U-M students (that is, students who are currently taking regular classes on the Ann Arbor campus) pay no fees for Physical Therapy visits, however limitations may apply, and there may be fees for equipment such as braces, splints, orthotics and supports.
Non-enrolled U-M students (within one year of last enrollment) are eligible to visit Physical Therapy by purchasing the UHS Prepaid Plan, which covers many UHS services.