Location: Suite 2109, second floor
Telephone: 734-764-5182 or toll-free 866-368-0002
Clinic hours April 29-Aug (hours may vary during semester breaks and holidays):
Mon, Tues, Wed: 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Thurs: 9 AM – 4:30 PM
Fri: 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Sat and Sun: Closed
The Managed Care/Student Insurance Office staff assist clients who have:
- Premier Care
- U-M Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan
- U-M International Student and Scholar Health Insurance Plan
- Travel Abroad Health Insurance
- No insurance
- Questions about insurance
We assist with:
- Processing insurance referrals
- Scheduling appointments outside UHS
- Explanation of insurance benefits for the plans listed above
- Questions about outside bills resulting from UHS referrals
- Applying for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Applying for health insurance including Michigan Medicaid
Student Health Insurance Committee (SHIC)
SHIC addresses domestic health insurance issues on campus. SHIC is chaired by the manager of the Managed Care/Student Insurance Office. Interested students are encouraged to participate. See Student Health Insurance Committee.
Students should have health insurance for services not covered by the health service fee.
If you don't have insurance, consider purchasing the Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan.
- How the Affordable Care Act Affects U-M Students
- Why Students Should Have Health Insurance
- Plans for Students (lists all options)
- Free or Fees for Students for an explanation of health service fee coverage
Need assistance with medical bills?
For UHS bills, see UHS Patient Billing Office.
For other bills, see: