UHS primary care clinicians:
- Evaluate anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and sleep problems
- Inform about treatment options, including medications
- Prescribe and manage medications for mental health conditions, including confirmed diagnoses of Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Refer to UHS Psychiatry Clinic or UHS Eating and Body Image Concerns Clinic for consultation (available only to U-M students or UHS Prepaid Plan members who have a referral from a UHS clinician)
- Provide information about counseling resources including Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
We recommend that patients make an appointment with a UHS clinician and continue to see that person. Seeing the same clinician allows patients to develop a relationship and helps ensure quality care.
Care Managers provide:
- Screenings for depression
- Screening for alcohol use disorder
- Case management
In addition to clinical services for mental health, UHS Wolverine Wellness provides the following non-clinical services:
- Wellness Coaching is holistic approach to examining how personal wellbeing interacts with one's values, goals and motivations.
- The Collegiate Recovery Program supports students who are in recovery from alcohol or other drug addiction, nurturing their sobriety so they can excel in college. In addition, the program serves as a resource for people seeking information about recovery and what steps to take in order to stop hurting and start healing.
- Hawkeye the Wellness Dog is a fluff-ball of stress-reduction - come chill with him!
- Programs and Services for Alcohol and Other Drugs
Eligibility and fees:
Currently enrolled U-M students (Ann Arbor campus) pay a mandatory health service fee (included as part of tuition) that funds clinical services at UHS and well-being services to improve campus health and wellness.
Students between terms may wish to considering purchasing the UHS Prepaid Plan for continued access to UHS.
Others may be eligible to use UHS and would pay fee-for-service or use billable insurance. UHS is a primary care site for Premier Care Network 1 and GradCare. For others' eligibility, see Who Can Use UHS?
How to visit:
See Schedule an Appointment -- Most medical services require an appointment, although we offer options for urgent problems.
You may also call for Nurse Advice, day or night, which may save you a trip to UHS, the ER or an urgent care facility.
If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, see Emergency/After-Hours.