Now you can dispose of unused and unwanted medications at UHS, with the MedSafe take-back program.
Safe medication disposal protects people from drug abuse and overdose, plus protects our precious waterways.
To dispose of medications:
- Put any liquids (4 oz or less) in a Ziploc plastic bag before disposal.
- Arrive during regular business Hours.
- Put your medications into the MedSafe, located inside UHS, on the first floor near Pharmacy, next to the ATM.
- You can leave medications in their original containers with assurance that all medications will be kept confidential.
Acceptable items are:
- Controlled substances including narcotics
- Other tablets and capsules
- Liquids (4 oz or less, placed in a Ziploc plastic bag)
Unacceptable items are as follows, however you may ask at Pharmacy for safe disposal locations for these items:
- Sharps containers
- Aerosol cans
- Medical devices
- Hazardous materials