MBody’s mission: MBody is a coalition of University of Michigan faculty, staff, students and community members who work to support the needs of a diverse population by increasing awareness and understanding of eating and body image issues at the University of Michigan.
Mbody's vision: A balanced, respectful diverse community in which all members feel empowered to have a healthy relationship with food and movement, a positive body image, acceptance of all body sizes and shapes, and access to resources that support a culture free to challenge societal norms relating to eating and body image.
- Promote the acceptance of all weights. sizes and shapes
- Educate about disordered eating and eating disorders
- Encourage a healthy relationship with food and movement
- Challenge individual and socio-cultural factors that perpetuate eating disorders
Mbody meetings: First Thursday of every month. 11:30 AM - 1 PM. The meeting location rotates each month. Email email@example.com for details.
Mbody's supporting partners:
- Center for Eating Disorders
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Department of Recreational Sports
- Eating Disorder Professional League of Michigan
- The Ginsberg Center for Community Service and Learning
- Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs (MESA)
- Office of Greek Life
- Rackham Graduate School
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center
- The Spectrum Center
- U-M Athletic Department
- University Health Service
- University Housing
- University Unions
- U-M Comprehensive Eating Disorders Program
For more information, please contact Kellie Carbone at firstname.lastname@example.org.