Planning a trip to UHS?
It's best to call ahead (734-764-8320) whenever possible. Appointments are required for most medical services, although we offer options for urgent problems including Nurse Advice by Phone, day and night. See also Schedule an Appointment.
Between Huron and North University Streets, across from the Michigan League. The address is:
University Health Service
207 Fletcher Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1050
Interactive Central Campus Map -- this map even shows accessible entrances to buildings!
Parking Facility Map (choose "Central and South Campuses" for a PDF)
Getting to UHS:
Parking around UHS is very limited, so consider walking, biking, or riding a bus that stops nearby:
- U-M Buses are free
- City Buses (AATA/TheRide) are free by showing your M-card and personal ID upon request
Students who live in University Housing can request a ride to/from UHS from Housing Security by calling (734) 763-1131.
U-M Paratransit offers free door-to-door transportation for students, faculty and staff who have either temporary or permanent mobility impairments. To request this service, call Services for Students with Disabilities at (734) 763-3000. The request will be taken by phone - you do not need to visit the office.
The UHS south entrance has a ramp for easier access.
Parking may be available as follows (see maps above for structure locations):
Street parking: Limited metered parking on the street (parking is tight, please don’t count on it)
In a nearby U-M parking structure:
- For UHS patients only: Fletcher Parking Structure at 201 Fletcher Street. Park in the Patient Parking section (up the ramp), at an hourly rate, plus you will need a validated ticket, otherwise you will pay a $30 fine plus hourly rate. After your UHS visit, take your ticket to a clinic secretary or cashier for validation.
- Palmer Parking Structure at 200 Washtenaw Avenue. Park in the Visitor side only, at hourly rate.
In a public parking structure:
- If the U-M structures are full, you may wish to go to the nearest public structure, which is the Maynard Street Parking Structure at 324 Maynard Street, Ann Arbor, at an hourly rate. Walking from this structure to UHS takes about 10 minutes.
Employees with AVI device: In Fletcher Parking Structure (levels 1-4 only), and in Palmer Parking Structure (see Parking Services for more information)
Motorcycle and moped parking: Near the Life Science Institute Building loading dock off Washtenaw Avenue, and near the Dental School loading dock, at the end of Palmer Drive, behind the Fletcher ParkingStructure.
Patients with a state-issued disability permit may park:
- On street at designated meters with 4-hour limits
- In the Palmer Parking Structure, Visitor section, at an hourly rate, with a validated (stamped) ticket
Employees with AVI devices, a state-issued disability permit, and a Handicap Verification decal issued by Parking Services may park in Palmer or Fletcher Parking Structure (levels 1-4 only).
To obtain a disability placard or license plate, see the Secretary of State's website for:
Parking and Transportation Services provides more information about parking for students with disabilities.