Applications are now closed. If you're interested in this volunteer opportunity, we invite you to check back next January.
At UHS, HIV test counselors are volunteer graduate students and staff. All HIV test counselors are certified by the Michigan Department of Community Health. For how to test at UHS, see HIV Antibody Testing.
Benefits -- as a volunteer, you could:
- Gain valuable knowledge and work experience plus network with health professionals
- Enhance your experience in your graduate program
- Become certified as an HIV test counselor in the State of Michigan
- Serve the UM campus community
- Be a graduate student at the University of Michigan (sorry, undergrads are not eligible)
- Be certified as an HIV test counselor by the Michigan Department of Public Health (the certification training is free to selected volunteers and occurs during the summer)
- Attend a 1-day training at UHS in late summer or early September
- Volunteer 2.5 hours/week (12:45-3:15 pm weekdays) at UHS, plus some evening hours
Questions? Contact Laura McAndrew, UHS Health Educator, via email at email@example.com or call 734-647-4659.