It's 2 AM and you're feeling feverish -- got a thermometer?
We recommend that you have a health care kit so you can be ready. Here are suggestions.
- Elastic bandage e.g. Ace™ for sprains
- Adhesive bandages e.g. Band-Aids™
- Hand sanitizer
- Heating pad
- Ice pack
- Insect repellant
- Sunscreen, SPF 15 or higher
- Tissues e.g. Kleenex™
Many medications are available generically, and you can ask a pharmacist for recommendations, such as:
- Antacids e.g. Tums™, Zantac™
- Antibiotic ointment e.g. Bacitracin™
- Anti-diarrheal e.g. Imodium AD™, Pepto-Bismol™
- Antihistamine for itching or allergies
- Cough drops
- Decongestant e.g. Sudafed™, phenylephrine
- Hydrocortisone cream 1% for itching
- Ibuprofen for pain, fever, inflammation e.g. Advil™ or Motrin™
Our Pharmacy is conveniently located at UHS and carries these item and more. Our pharmacy staff are here to assist.