I hope this academic year is off to a good start.
We believe that the security of having reliable health insurance is an important part of your overall well-being, and U-M offers a new well-crafted Domestic Student Insurance Plan (DSHIP) for 2019-20.
This message is a reminder that if you had Aetna DSHIP during 2018-19, your insurance ended on Aug 23, 2019. Fortunately, if you purchase this new plan by Sept 30, 2019, your coverage will be retroactive to Aug 24, 2019.
Here are important details about the new plan through Blue Care Network of Michigan:
- Cost for an individual student is $1709 per plan year (Aug 24, 2019 – Aug 23, 2020).
- The insurance provides coverage with a wide array of benefits including clinic visits, prescription drug coverage, mental health services, annual vision exam, hospitalization, emergency room care, ambulance service and more.
- Dental care is now included.
- Coverage is available throughout the U.S.
- It complies with the Affordable Care Act.
- The insurance is available to enrolled U-M students (including undocumented students) and their spouses, domestic partners and dependents on all three campuses.
- This insurance is sponsored by U-M in collaboration with the Central Student Government and Rackham Student Government (Ann Arbor campus).
Deadline for purchase is Monday, Sept 30, 2019.
If you don’t enroll by Sept 30, your next opportunity to enroll won’t be until December for coverage that begins Jan 1, 2020.
To enroll or learn more information, see Domestic Student Health Plan.
For questions, please email email@example.com.
Best wishes for a healthy and successful Fall semester!
Robert D. Ernst, MD
Associate Vice President of Student Life for Health and Wellness
Executive Director of University Health Service
Clinical Assistant Professor
University of Michigan