Resources on the U-M Campus:
At University Health Service (UHS):
- Schedule an Appointment. UHS has clinicians who specialize in the treatment of individuals with eating disorders and eating concerns. You can schedule an appointment on the 2nd floor of UHS or by calling 734-764-8320. Let the scheduler know that you are seeking an eating consultation which will give you a longer appointment so you can get all your needs met and questions answered.
- Nutrition Clinic You can meet with the UHS Registered Dietician Nutritionist to review your eating patterns and habits and get good support and information. Julie Stocks, Registered Dietician Nutritionist, call 734-764-8320
- Wolverine Wellness: Individual consultations to help you learn more about these issues and match you with the best level of support. You can also request workshops for your residence hall or student group. Contact Kellie Carbone, MA, LMFT, Health Educator, 734-763-1320, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
3100 Michigan Union
Free, confidential services for U-M students including:
- Free online screening for eating disorders (go to CAPS website, choose Common Concerns, then Eating Concerns, then Eating Disorder Screening)
- Eating patterns assessment with a qualified professional
- Counseling on body image and self-esteem
- Short-term therapy for individuals or couples
- Referrals for additional help
U-M Comprehensive Eating Disorders Program
(734) 232-7531, or toll-free 877-475-6688
1540 East Hospital DriveLevel 5, Reception B
"Individualized, compassionate, evidence-based care for patients age 8-24 with eating disorders." Patients pay fee-for-service or use billable insurance.
U-M Faculty and Staff Counseling and Consultation Office
1009 Greene Street
Free, confidential services for staff, faculty and their immediate family members including:
- Short-term counseling services on personal, emotional, family and work place issues
- Critical incident, trauma and grief counseling
- Educational presentations on a variety of emotional and mental health topics
U-M Psychological Clinic
500 E. Washington St., Suite 100
"Affordable, confidential assessment, counseling, and treatment with specialty services for anxiety, couples' therapy, and adult ADHD and Learning Disabilities." Accepts some insurance plans including Premier Care and GradCare, offers sliding-fee scale.
PULSE is a student-run organization, sponsored by UHS, that promotes health and wellness in residential communities through peer interactions and programming.
About-Face equips women and girls with tools to understand and resist harmful media images that affect self-esteem and body image.
Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center is an international organization offering a comprehensive database of eating disorder treatment professionals.
National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD) provides information about eating disorders and advocacy, sponsors support groups, and makes referrals by hotline and email. They also offer information in Spanish.
National Eating Disorders Association offers educational materials and prevention programs and sponsors Eating Disorders Awareness Week.
Men with Eating Disorders provides information and resources for and about men with eating disorders.
Body Image provides information and links.
MEDLINE Plus is the National Library of Medicine's comprehensive eating disorders website.
Want more information?
Contact UHS Wolverine Wellness at (734) 763-1320 or ContactUHS@umich.edu.