How to use University Health Service (UHS):
- U-M summer program participants ages 10 and older are eligible to use UHS.
- For some services, UHS will bill eligible insurance. For other services or products (for example, medications), campers must pay at time of service.
- Program staff must accompany the minor to UHS.
- Bring the participants’ insurance information, credit card authorization, parent/ guardian’s consent for treatment, medical history form and medical follow-up report.
For urgent medical needs (e.g. infection, high/persistent fever, pain, injury, dehydration, etc.):
- Call whenever possible, because our nurses may be able to provide medical advice by phone that could save a trip to UHS or the emergency room
- When UHS is open, call 734-764-8320, or you can go to UHS
- When UHS is closed, call 866-204-1082 for advice about self-care or seeking care
UHS hours during May - August:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – noon (for urgent concerns)
Sunday and holidays Closed
207 Fletcher (between Washington and North University). See more at Location, Parking and Transportation.
In an emergency:
- If a participant has a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room (the UM Health System). Wait times vary.
- Participants who visit an emergency room or urgent care center are responsible for all costs incurred.
- Bring the participant’s insurance information, credit card authorization, parent/ guardian’s consent for treatment, medical history form and medical follow-up report.
For medical concerns, see numbers above.
For UHS Summer Program Enrollment, contact coordinator Patricia Beranek via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 734-764-7380.