Most health problems can be addressed through our medical clinic, Women's Health Clinic and ancillary services. However, if a UHS clinician determines that you need more specialized care, you may be referred to a specialist at UHS.
UHS specialists are available only by referral (written consultation request) from a UHS clinician. Once you have a referral, you will need to Schedule an Appointment.
Location and hours will vary.
Types of specialty clinics at UHS:
- Audiology for hearing problems
- Dermatology* for skin problems
- Ear, Nose and Throat*
- Neurology* for problems with nervous system and brain
- Psychiatry* for psychological assessments and referral (see also Mental Health Services at UHS)
*Available only to currently enrolled U-M students and Prepaid Plan members.
Eligibility and fees to visit specialty clinics:
- Currently enrolled U-M students and Prepaid Plan members can visit a specialist with no additional fee.
- To check others' ability to visit a UHS specialist and costs, call the UHS Business Office at 734-764-7380.