Here you can learn about alcohol and other drug-related health concerns, educational initiatives, environmental strategies plus collaborative efforts between the U-M campus and Ann Arbor community.
Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention: Our programs work to reduce harmful consequences of alcohol and other drug use, in order to support students in achieving their personal and academic potential.
Programs and Services for Alcohol and Other Drugs: U-M students have access to multiple resources on alcohol and other drugs, many of them free.
- Alcohol e-CHECKUP TO GO (e-CHUG): Students can use this online, personalized, brief screening tool for alcohol
- Stay in the Blue App: Offers many features to help you or a friend Stay in the Blue.
- BASICS (Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students) is a two-session non-judgmental alcohol assessment and education program offered free to U-M students who want to explore their alcohol use.
- Collegiate Recovery Program: Students in recovery can find a supportive community where they can achieve academic success while enjoying a genuine college experience, free from alcohol and other drugs.
- Individual Marijuana Education Program (IMEP): A two-session marijuana assessment and education program offered free to U-M students.
- Marijuana e-CHECKUP TO GO (e-TOKE): An online, personalized, brief assessment tool that lets you see how your marijuana use, family risk and campus norms affect your life and possibly your future.
- REST, a group for students affected by others' addiction
- Tobacco: You Can Quit!: U-M is a smoke-free campus, and students, faculty and staff can get support for quitting.
- Workshops and Trainings on Alcohol and Other Drugs: How to request tailored workshops and participate in Sober Monitor Training Program, plus Introduction to Motivational Interviewing training.
Campaigns and Print Materials for Alcohol and Other Drugs: Learn about campus-wide media campaigns and resources that identify misperceptions about alcohol and other drug behaviors of U-M students. The goal of these campaigns and resources is to help students minimize negative consequences and enhance their college experience by making informed decisions.
- Stay in the Blue: Staying in the Blue can help you get what you want while avoiding the stuff you don't want.
Community Partners for Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention: Our community partners work with us to address the harmful use of alcohol and other drugs, share resources and provide support to those in recovery.
Laws and Policies:
Information about Alcohol and Other Drugs: Learn about the effects of alcohol and other drugs, from UHS and other reliable resources.
Resources for Alcohol and Other Drugs: Check out the many available resources, on- and off-campus. Or call us to help you navigate resources: 734-763-1320.